Kfar Hanokdim’s social responsibility efforts aim to provide our guests with an environmentally friendly experience of life in the desert. We continuously work to implement, promote and drive our sustainability so that we operate in a manner that better serves our guests and benefits the planet
Kfar Hanokdim has over 30 years of experience in animal care. The needs of our animals are attended to with careful attention, ensuring they receive a nutritious diet, monthly veterinary check-ups and have ample contained space in which to roam. Kfar Hanokdim operates in accordance with Israel’s Animal Protection Law. Please refer to our website for further information on the animals at Kfar Hanokdim.
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding our animal care.
- Kfar HaNokdim offers an authentic desert environment. We take meticulous care to ensure every detail of our aesthetic blends seamlessly alongside the desert’s unique landscape.
- Kfar HaNokdim treats all used water across the Kfar for irrigation of landscaping. Most of our structures are constructed from natural and recycled materials and the use of economical lighting and air conditioners uphold the strictest standards. We also recycle plastic bottles and other products.
- Kfar HaNokdim offers various services of environmentally friendly excursions and trips including: a center for hiking, cycling trips, camel rides and an ecological workshop that raises awareness of environmental issues and demonstrates the uses of alternative energy sources.
Contribution to the region
- Kfar Hanokdim is one of the largest employers in the region, with one of the highest rate of unemployment in Israel, and manages a team across a diversity of backgrounds and cultures.
- Kfar HaNokdim acts with a purpose to market the attractiveness of Arad, and the surrounding area, as a tourist destination. We actively promote hiking and biking trails and cooperate alongside tourism professionals and businesses in Arad and the surrounding Bedouin villages.
Donations to various organizations
Kfar Hanokdim regularly hosts families and groups (without charge) from special or disadvantaged populations to experience life in the desert. We do our upmost to ensure every guest has the opportunity to create cherished memories alongside their family and friends.