Camel trek in the Kana’im Valley
How would we manage in the desert without camels, nature’s four-wheel drive? Step into our ranch and meet our beautiful herd of female camels. Once you are acquainted with your new friend, climb onto the saddle, and upsy daisy!
First we’ll take the camel for a “test drive” in the desert. Guided by the Bedouin, for whom the camels are like part of the family, we will ride into the heart of the desert, into its breathtaking primeval landscape. Don’t forget to snap some pictures during the special ride!
You can ask in advance, to change your camel ride to a camel feeding experience.
Trek duration is approximately 30 minutes.
Camel riding is in pairs, on two-person saddles.
Camel riding is permitted from ages 12 to age 67.
Ages 8-12 can ride accompanied by an adult
Donkey riding is permitted from age 5-12, accompanied by an adult.
Traditional Get together
Guests are invited to relax within a spacious traditional tent around a campfire, where they will be honored with tea imbued from desert herbs. Next begins the traditional coffee-making ritual: the host toasts the coffee beans in front of the guests, grinds them with a mortar and pestle to the traditional rhythmic drumming beat, before brewing the coffee and serving it to guests. The activity is accompanied by explanations and stories about the Desert way of life.
* Please note that during holidays and weekends there will be no traditional Get together.
- Please leave your vehicle in the large parking lot at the entrance to Kfar Hanokdim for the duration of your stay. No vehicles are allowed in the Kfar.
- Campfires can be built and wood for the fire can be purchased, but it’s important to light fires only in the specifically allocated areas.
- There are taps and drinking fountains throughout the Kfar.
- There is partial reception only for mobile phones from the Orange network, and there isn’t any Wi-Fi.
We would be happy to host you at the Kfar!