When Kfar Hanokdim was built in 1991, the founder took inspiration from the Bedouin people. We have since developed into a desert resort offering a taste of Bedouin lifestyle. We invite you to experience the unique atmosphere of the desert, with the comforts and facilities expected for guests accustomed to modern life.
Kfar Hanokdim is situated in the heart of the desert, encircled by the rich landscape of the Judean Desert. Although we are a desert resort, we provide an option to experience a slice of Bedouin hospitality at Kfar Hanokdim through listening to the stories of Bedouins, enjoying a Hafla – the Bedouin authentic meal, riding camels led by local Bedouins, and more!
With great care, the Kfar’s design and unique décor remains respectful of the desert surroundings, and provides guests with a choice of accommodation – including specially designed lodges “sukkot”, private guest rooms with en-suite bathrooms and Bedouin crafted tents for those seeking a more authentic desert experience!
The location, aesthetic and knowledge of our local team enhances the one of a kind atmosphere that is so special to Kfar Hanokdim
Kfar Hanokdim is located between Arad and Masada-west, around a 15 minute drive from Arad. For more detailed directions, click here.
There are bus lines to Arad from various places in the country, and from Arad you can take a taxi to Kfar Hanokdim. Please be aware that public transportation does not run from Friday noon until Saturday evening.
Kfar Hanokdim is located in close proximity (around a 15 minute drive) to the Masada-west entrance, the Ramp side. Please note – there is no passage between this side and Route 90 by car.
Check-in is from 3pm and check-out is by 11am on the day of departure.
Yes, Kfar Hanokdim extends over a relatively flat area, allowing movement by wheelchair. We also provide disabled accessible toilets and showers.
Please let us know if you have any special requests at the time of booking.
We don’t have Wi-Fi at Kfar Hanokdim – think of it as a genuine desert experience! There is partial reception for mobile phone customers on the Partner network. We invite you to enjoy the freedom of being unplugged and upload a photo of youself at the Kfar after your stay. Don’t forget to tag us!
There are many taps and drinking fountains spread throughout the Kfar, providing safe drinking water. Feel free to fill up your bottles on the go!
We have two packages for independent travelers and families:
- “Nokdim Overnight Experience” – An overnight package which includes accommodation, a camel ride, breakfast and dinner.
- As part of the full Kfar Hanokdim experience, we offer a camel ride, a taste of Bedouin hospitality and a summer camp. Camel rides last approximately 30 minutes, with two guests per camel (between the ages of 5–67). Children between the ages of 5-9 can ride only if accompanied by an adult.
- We can arrange for a Bedouin speaker to share personal stories about life in the desert, camels, traditions and the Bedouin lifestyle. You will also have the opportunity to sit in a Bedouin tent and taste traditional tea and coffee.
- Each evening we light a campfire and we welcome you to join other guests and swap stories from the day!
- The village is located in close proximity to many hiking trails. The western side of Masada is within close reach and accessible via the Roman Ramp (around a 20 minute climb). At the top you can view the sunrise and explore the magnificent ancient fortress.
- After returning to Kfar Hanokdim for a delicious buffet breakfast, you can continue on your way to sites, including the Dead Sea, around a 45 minute drive from the village.
Our website offers further recommendations and detailed information on other routes. For those want to hike, check out the Nokdim Hiking App for interactive maps of over 40 routes in the area! (Available for download on Google Play).
No need to rush, there’s plenty of time to hike Masada and make it back for a well-earned breakfast! We recommend checking breakfast times upon arrival and plan your time accordingly.
Kfar Hanokdim hosts both organized groups and individual guests, but has different designated areas for each type of guests.
Our aim is to ensure that every guest can experience the desert in the way that they choose, and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
Please don’t hesitate to let us know how we can ensure that your experience will be the best experience possible.
Your credit or debit card will be charged a few days in advance of your arrival.
Infants of 2 years and above are charged a fee. The price of a child is charged for those between the ages of 2-11. Adult prices are charged for those aged 12 and up.
Please note that when a reservation is made and confirmed, the room is reserved for you. In case of cancellation or date change, the terms are as follows:
- Up to two weeks prior to arrival: Incurs a cancellation fee of 50 ILS (approximately $15)
- One to two weeks prior to arrival: 50% of the total cost of the reservation
- Less than one week prior to arrival or no-show: Full cost of the reservation
Yes, we have the option to cater to most food allergies and some special requests. Our rich buffets include a range of options for those who follow a vegetarian or vegan diet. Please let us know of any specific requirements at the time of reservation and we will let you know if we’re able to cater to your needs.
Accommodation and amenities
Guest rooms are air conditioned, have beds, linen, towels, an en-suite bathroom and provide electricity. All you need to bring are your toiletries! The rooms can accommodate up to 5 guests (with a combination of adults and children).
The lodge “sukkah” is a special hand-built structure resembling a private designed tent. Lodges provide a spiral heater and a fan. Shared toilets and shower facilities are located in the area. Each lodge can accommodate up to 8 guests.
All of our guest rooms are hand-decorated, provide air conditioning, a toilet, bath with shower and a coffee corner. We also provide bed linen and towels, but not toiletries. The rooms do not have a refrigerator, but you are welcome to use the refrigerators located by the common cooking corners scattered throughout the village.
Guest rooms do not have a television. At Kfar Hanokdim, we encourage you to disconnect from technology and enjoy the desert tranquility.
We would appreciate your feedback on one or more of the following sites: TripAdvisor, Google reviews, our Facebook page or Booking.com (if you booked through this website).
No problem, we are here to help! Give us a call on +(972) 8-9950097 or send your question(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll happily provide a detailed response.