The package includes:
Camel trek in the Kana’im Valley
How would we manage in the desert without camels, nature’s four-wheel drive? Step into our ranch and meet our beautiful herd of female camels. Once you are acquainted with your new friend, climb onto the saddle, and upsy daisy!
First we’ll take the camel for a “test drive” in the desert. Guided by the Bedouin, for whom the camels are like part of the family, we will ride into the heart of the desert, into its breathtaking primeval landscape. Don’t forget to snap some pictures during the special ride!
You can ask in advance, to change your camel ride to a camel feeding experience.
Trek duration is approximately 30 minutes.
Camel riding is in pairs, on two-person saddles.
Camel riding is permitted from ages 12 to age 67.
Ages 8-12 can ride accompanied by an adult
Donkey riding is permitted from age 5-12, accompanied by an adult.
We will gather during the arrival of the cool desert nights for a guided stroll through the desert, where we can explore the celestial wonders of the starry night sky and gain knowledge about the unique life in the desert. With proper guidance, we will safely encounter scorpions while experiencing the serene ambiance of the desert during our walk.
The experience ends with a warm Bonfire under a Starlit sky.
Don’t forget to bring closed shoes
At Kfar Hanokdim, we offer a diverse choice of accommodation options for you to comfortably experience the magic of the desert. Options include a desert cabin or “sukkah” lodge, as well as sleeping tents for groups and events.
Desert-style accommodation for nature-lovers who want to feel at home.
On the outskirts of Kfar Hanokdim is a small desert hotel, with 46 desert-style rooms. The furniture in the rooms has been handcrafted by the indigenous people, made from iron, wood, local stone and Dead Sea salt crystals. The rooms are air conditioned, have private en-suite bathroom (toiletries not included), bed linen, towels and coffee-making facilities. There is a small cooking area near the rooms.
- Most of the rooms are suitable for a couple + three (children or additional guests) or a couple + 4.
- Some of the rooms are accessible for the disabled.
- The cooking area includes a gas stove, worktop and refrigerator. Please note, you will need tobring your own utensils (cookware, serving dishes, etc).
Desert-style accommodations in charming “sukkah”(Lodge)
The sukkahs are made of material woven from goat hair, and the floor is paved with wood. The sukkah features sleeping futons, coffee-making facilities and an elevated veranda, from which you can savor the desert views over wilderness that stretches as far as the eye can see. There are bathroom facilities nearby, a small cooking area and places to chill out or build a campfire.
- Each sukkah can accommodate from four to eight people.
- The sukkah is equipped with air conditioning and a heater.
- The sukkah is equipped with all accommodation equipment, please arrive with toiletries.
- There is one electric outlet in the sukkah; please consider bringing along an electrical outlet splitter.
- The cooking area includes a gas stove, worktop and refrigerator. You will have to bring your own utensils (cookware, serving dishes, etc.).In the evening you can enjoy the tranquility of the desert, relaxing in the grapevine roofed “zulas” (areas for lounging on rugs and pillows) scattered among the rooms, or sit around a campfire.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
- Up to 14 days prior to the arrival date – no cancellation fees; Less than 14 days from date of arrival or non-arrival – a charge of 50% of the reservation.
- These cancellation conditions do not apply to bookings of 5 accommodation units or more. Appropriate cancellation conditions will be sent separately.
- Weather conditions are not a reason to cancel reservation.
- The reservation coordinator declares that they are aware that Kfar Hanokdim reserves the right to cancel the reservation even after its approval, and this at their sole and absolute discretion and without any obligation to provide any explanation regarding said cancellation.
- Check-in is at 15.00 (3.00 pm), on Saturday’s at 17:00 (5.00 PM), check-out is at 11.00.
- All reservations have to be coordinated in advance!
- Please leave your vehicle in the large parking lot at the entrance to Kfar Hanokdim for the duration of your stay. No vehicles are allowed in the Kfar.
- Campfires can be built and wood for the fire can be purchased, but it’s important to light fires only in the specifically allocated areas.
- There are taps and drinking fountains throughout the Kfar.
- There is partial reception only for mobile phones from the Partner network, and there isn’t any Wi-Fi.
We would be happy to host you at the Kfar!